Wednesday 13 June 2012

Take Me to the Islands

credit
So this past weekend we took my mom 'to the islands' here in Toronto.  It always amazes me when people see things for the first time.  I remember the first time we took the ferry over to Centre Island with Ella and Finnian last summer and I was blown away.  Toronto is such an amazing city to begin with and then you add the water element to it and it bumps up its wow factor!  I thought I would share a few pictures where urban meets the sand and while this small town girl loves the city, my heart belongs to the salty air so its a perfect match when the two meet in the middle.  Kind of like when I met Colum.

Finnian really loves the trolley cars and even noticed this one was new. 


The radio flyer barely leaves our side on days out.


Then you hop on the ferry boats with tons of life jackets everywhere.



And when you hop off you can spread your picnic blanket anywhere there's a lovely spot.


And let us not forget the sandy beach.  Here's Ella & Finnian really soaking up the sun (this requires lots of mineral block on their fair skin!).

 

My mom and I are posing and the kiddos were starting to get tuckered out at this point.  



Thank goodness for the red flyer.  Ella prefers to sit top deck.


Have you ever been to the Toronto Islands? I highly recommend them. If you have visited them which one is your favorite? I would love to hear your thoughts...

xo

ps. great wagon for the subway or any type of traveling.
pps. more photos on instagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it