Wednesday 6 June 2012

Summer Elements: #1 Tea Tree Oil

credit

I recently discovered Tea Tree Oil.  I was talking to a friend about Ella and Finnian's extremely sensitive skin and she said I should use tea tree oil. And I am hooked! So I'm putting it in my Summer Elements list because I absolutely love it!  The smell is pretty 'earthy' if you know what I mean so it's always used sparingly as a little really does go a really long way.  The way I use it most is for a natural mosquito repellant.  I love the easy feeling when summer starts to roll in but I really can't stand the bugs.  Ella gets the biggest lumps I have ever seen when a bug bites her but the tea tree oil seems to be doing the trick!

If your like me than you like to really pay attention to what goes on your skin (and your babies skin too ;) so I always put this on in the morning and through out the day when we're outside (which in summer is pretty much all the time).  I usually just dab a bit here and there because unlike the chemical repellents it can be applied to uncovered skin.  You can dilute it with some water (2:1 ratio) and put it in a spray bottle too!

Have you ever tried tea tree oil? Do you think you will? I would love to hear your thoughts... xo


ps. possible side effects of chemical mosquito repellent.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it